Design Vintage…an eclectic mix of vintage loveliness (as it describes itself…cute huh?) is the kind of store you selfishly hope no-one else knows about…just so you can slowly invest in everything gorgeous it sells and turn your home into a ‘Design Vintage Wonderland’. But that would be very rude.
Design Vintage should be shouted about. It’s a wonderful emporium selling a mix of vintage furniture (carefully hunted down and chosen by Lisa Brass, the lovely owner), alongside modern homewares, gifts and accessories. It’s not in the centre of Brighton so needs to be sought out (in a residential street in the Fiveaways area…very Bleecker Street, Greenwich Village non?), but there’s also a pretty fabulous website which is regularly updated, plus Lisa’s latest vintage finds are also posted onto Facebook, so you don’t even need to leave your house.
When I recently visited, style hunters were popping in and asking about one of those vintage finds (an original vintage Westair Search Light) but it had sold quickly. You have to be quick on the ‘finds’ as Scandi and French style fans (from Brighton and far far beyond) are keeping their beady eyes on these and have quickly realised that Design Vintage is a gem of a store and the ‘go to’ place for decor inspiration and stylish gifts galore.
Why you should go to Design Vintage:
- If you love French or Scandinavian interior style, plus chic, well thought out and chosen home wares, gifts and interior oddities…this is the place to go…
- Christmas! Design Vintage is getting its Christmas stock in over the next few weeks…and I bet it’s going to be gorgeous…
- Design Vintage sells the warmest, most snugly throws in the whole of Brighton (yes, that’s a big claim, but it’s true…the TweedMill woollen throws are the best)
- The store sells small items for little gifts (including lovely French smellies); plus cute gift ideas for children (Bob & Blossom clothes, plus fun cushions and pictures); plus way too many things I would love in my home (pictures, cushions, vintage glass bottles, accessories for every type of living space…)
- And if you can’t go…please visit them online for a dose of that ‘eclectic vintage loveliness’ at www.designvintage.co.uk.
P.S. I think ‘loveliness’ might be my new favourite word…thank you Design Vintage…
Where: Design Vintage, 84 Lowther Street, Brighton, BN1 6L8 (open Monday to Saturday)