There’s no place like Hove. Seriously, there isn’t. I might live in Brighton now but I loved living in Hove for a decade. With our bathroom makeover on and no opportunities for hot showers, we decided to decamp and stay at the in-laws in Palmeira Square whilst things settled down. It was great to be back, even on one of the stormiest weekends.
What did we do this weekend in Hove?
- Woke up late on Saturday as the storms woke Little G at 3am ‘Mummy, there’s something noisy and scary in my room?!’…
- Went for a short walk along Hove seafront…otherwise Little G was going to get blown away! The wind was seriously fierce and the pebbles were piled high on the promenade full of interesting sea gifts thrown back like cuttle fish, mermaid’s purses and netting. I would have loved to pick through it if the wind hadn’t been so strong.
- A visit to Small Batch Coffee Company in Norfolk Square for a well earned coffee and croissant (of course). They’ve done a wonderful job transforming this site…I could have happily sat and drank coffee and people watched all day.
- A visit to i gigi General Store and their women’s clothes shop to have a drool on Western Road. I love both shops, which are incredibly friendly places full of simple home inspiration and truly chic clothes and jewellery (don’t get me started on their amazing cream teas as that’s another story). As it turns out they might have a little rug solution for the new bathroom, so we’ll be back very soon to investigate more.
- A very brisk walk against the hailstones that arrived after our coffee…which actually hurt when they hit your face *ouch*
- Watched some Donald Duck on YouTube, watched a bit of rugby, read lots of papers and magazines…and snoozed…and built towers (as you do).
- Spent a lot of time looking out of the sea salt covered windows into Palmeira Square and over to the sea…that’s a sight I can never tire of.