It’s fair to say that the UK has seen some pretty horrific weather in recent weeks and my heart goes out to the people affected by the flooding. Being by the sea we’ve experienced ferocious winds and rain. Some nights the roar down the chimneys has been unbelievable. But this weekend, the sun finally made an appearance, and even better…the winds dropped just in time for the Brighton half marathon.
So after last weekend’s stormy one, what did we do this weekend in sunny Hove?
- Went back to Small Batch for a coffee, banana muffin and a good ole catch up with my sister-in-law down from London to do the half marathon (very proud of her, particularly as she arrived in Brighton with a hangover and very little sleep!)
- Watched the runners and cheered them on (of course)
- Took a trip to the playground by the West Pier
- Practised our scooting skills (Hove seafront is the perfect place unlike hilly Fiveways alas)
- Picked daisies in Palmeira square
- And generally stuck our faces towards the sunshine to get some vitamin D…it was great to see you sun!